Summary of Rules & Regs Public Page
SUMMARY OF IMPORTANT RESTRICTIONS, RULES AND REGULATIONS
OF THE FOUNDERS CLUB COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION, INC.
All house and lot owners at The Founders Club are members of The Founders Club Community Association, Inc. (the “FCCA”) and are subject to the BY-LAWS, the DECLARATION OF COVENANTS, CONDITIONS, AND RESTRICTIONS (the “Declaration”), the DESIGN GUIDELINES and any additional RULES and REGULATIONS adopted pursuant to the By-Laws. All Owners should read the official, governing documents to become familiar with our restrictions, rules and regulations; these documents are available on the FCCA website. They are designed to preserve, maintain and enhance The Founders Club as a valuable and desirable first-class community to be enjoyed by all Owners and Residents. The following three pages identify the more salient restrictions, rules and regulations. This is a handy, user-friendly guide that helps to answer some of the most frequently asked questions. THIS IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR, OR CHANGE TO, THE GOVERNING DOCUMENTS. To contact the FFCA on this topic, call Board members Doug Deutsch (President) at 371-7509 or Naomi Litvin (Secretary) at 371-4252.
1. Compliance with the FCCA documents shall be strictly observed by all Owners, occupants, lessees, guests, invitees, employees, contractors, etc. Owners are responsible for all violations of occupants, lessees, guests, invitees, employees, contractors, etc. Declaration: XII sec. 4; XIII sec. 3; XIV sec.10
2. Construction and alterations of any and every kind made to any lot must be approved in advance by the Design Review Committee (the “DRC”) including but not limited to: construction; alteration; lanai cages; landscaping; driveways; drainage; fences; exterior painting; exterior materials; hurricane damage prevention apparatus; play structures; outdoor HVAC and pool equipment, etc. Just about anything done outside requires DRC approval. Declaration: XII; XIII sec. 8, 14, 18, 19, 20, 24, 29, 30.
3. Parking is limited to passenger cars and vans, SUVs, pick-up trucks and motorcycles. Generally, all vehicles should be parked in closed garages or screened areas not visible from the street or adjoining Properties. Overnight street parking and parking on lawns or vacant lots is strictly prohibited. Outside parking of trailers, recreational vehicles, motor homes, motorized or non-motorized boats, jet skis, sailboats and any other vehicles whose storage the FCCA, in its sole discretion, considers inconsistent with the appearance of the community is prohibited. Violating vehicles may be towed at the Owner’s expense. Speeding is prohibited; the speed limit at The Founders Club is 25 mph or 20 mph where posted. Declaration: XIII sec. 2 and 33; Rule, Minutes 2/8/13
4. Home site Leases are limited to written leases for the entire Homesite for a minimum of twelve (12) months. Prior to the commencement of any lease, lease assignment, sublease or lease renewal a completed “Renter Information Sheet” (available from the FCCA) and a copy of the written lease must be submitted to the FCCA. The Owner must provide copies of the FCCA documents to the lessee (a) to ensure that the lessee will comply with the FCCA documents and all regulations including but not limited to parking, dog walking, homesite maintenance, nuisances and (b) to make the lessee aware of provisions regarding enforcement, fines, legal actions and legal fees. Declaration: XIII sec. 28; Rule, Minutes 10/12/12.
5. Dogs, cats, and other usual and common household pets are limited to four (4) per lot. No other animals, wildlife, livestock, reptiles, or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, or kept on any portion of any lot or the Properties. Dogs must be walked on leashes and all droppings picked up and properly disposed of on an immediate basis. All pets must be prevented from running loose howling, barking and whining at all times.Declaration: XIII sec.4.
6. Nuisances prohibited include, but are not limited to: visually offensive conditions (e.g. window air conditioners, using balconies for storage, offensive or reflective window coverings, bright or flashing lights, reflective materials or colors, exterior assembly of machinery or woodworking projects) and/or any unclean or untidy condition (e.g. unscreened exterior storage of trash, materials or machinery, outdoor clothes drying); any condition that produces a foul odor (e.g. burning yard waste or trash); generating noises, activity or other conditions that might disturb the peace, quiet, safety, comfort, or serenity of the occupants of surrounding Properties (e.g. loud boom boxes or audio equipment, loud electric or gasoline motors, loud wind chimes or bells); any illegal or offensive activity tending to cause embarrassment, discomfort, annoyance, or nuisance to any person using any portion of the Properties and Golf Course (e.g. maintenance of noxious weeds). Garage or yard sales are prohibited. Declaration: XIII sec. 5, 6, 7, 25
7. Signs and advertisements of every kind, including “for sale,” “open house” and political signs, are generally prohibited but, in any event, must be approved by the DRC. Nothing prohibits the appropriate display of the American flag. Declaration: XIII sec. 1
8. Home site Maintenance is the obligation of each Homesite Owner. The Owner’s responsibilities include maintaining the exterior appearance of the homesite (e.g., painting, roof repair, landscape maintenance) and ensuring that street-side pole lights and tree accent lights are in good working order and lit every night from dusk until at least 11:00 p.m. Each Owner is also responsible for storm preparation and safeguarding his/her Homesite. Declaration: V sec.3; XIII sec. 7 and 32; Rule, Minutes 11/30/12.
9. Irrigation systems are limited to those permitted by the Declaration using reclaimed water and approved by the DRC, and it is prohibited to construct, install or operate any system that draws water from creeks, streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, wetlands, canals or other ground or surface waters. Declaration XIII sec.12
10. Landscaping shall be installed and maintained according to DRC approved plans with required quantities and approved species. Very detailed requirements concerning species of plants and placement thereof are contained in The Founders Club Design Guidelines. Mowing, trimming, watering, fertilization and weeding, should take place at regular intervals to ensure a consistent well-maintained community appearance with grass no taller than six inches (6”). Unless dead, diseased or unsafe no trees may be removed or displaced without permitting by the DRC and/or
11. Maintenance Contractors must be registered with Gate Security by Owners to gain access to the property in Owners absence. Owners should ensure that their contractors (e.g., landscape maintenance, irrigation maintenance, swimming pool maintenance) have proof of insurance and applicable licensing. Work hours are Monday through Friday 7AM to 5PM and Saturdays from 8AM to 1PM. No work is permitted on Sundays or holidays. Any exterior noise generating activities such as lawn mowing shall start no earlier than 8AM. All maintenance vehicles should be in mechanically sound condition and clean. All maintenance vehicles are to be parked in driveways whenever possible and if parked in the street must be located in front of the residence that they are serving; parking should be on one side of the street (preferably the side where maintenance is being performed); use of traffic cones is encouraged; parking on empty lots is prohibited. All trash, organic and inorganic, is to be removed from the Properties immediately; contractor trash should be placed in dumpsters. Rule, Minutes 11/30/12
12. Outside installations of antennas, aerials, satellite dishes, or other apparatus for the reception or transmission of television, radio, or other signals are prohibited except satellite dishes of the diameter protected by Federal law. Also prohibited unless approved by the DRC are exterior installations of dog runs, play equipment structures, swing sets, basketball stands and hoops, sports courts, tennis courts, tents, construction sheds, storage sheds, outbuildings of any type, etc. All HVAC equipment, pool equipment and power generators should be adjacent to the house in a screened area. Please consult the HOA before installing any solar collection devices. Declaration: XIII sec. 8, 13, 19, 24, 30
13. Time Sharing of any Home site is prohibited (including any form of interval, fractional, shared ownership, condominium or cooperative ownership). Block W of the Properties is exempt from this prohibition. Declaration: XIII sec.9
14. Subdivision or change in any boundary lines of any lot or Home site is prohibited except with prior written approval available in limited circumstances. Declaration: XIII sec. 9
15. Driveways, Walkways and Mailboxes shall be maintained as originally approved and constructed, and no asphalt is permitted. Declaration: XIII sec. 10
16. Firearms including pistols, rifles, BB guns, pellet guns, paint ball guns and other firearms of all types and sizes are strictly prohibited from being discharged or fired anywhere on the Properties or Golf Course. Declaration XIII sec. 11
17. Wetlands, Lakes and Water Bodies shall be left in their natural state and no alteration thereof or construction thereon shall be permitted. All lakes, ponds, and streams within the Properties shall be aesthetic amenities only, and no other use thereof shall be permitted, including, without limitation, swimming, boating, playing, or use of personal flotation devices. Notwithstanding the foregoing, pursuant to Article XIII sec. 22 of the FCCA Declaration, the Board of Directors has voted to permit fishing on FCCA ponds (not golf course ponds) by Residents and their accompanied guests subject to Rules and Regulations established by the Board. Declaration: XIII sec.22; Minutes 10/12/12
18. Golf Carts using any roadway within the FCCA properties must be properly equipped for such use and cannot be gasoline powered; they must be powered by electricity or a similar non-combustible means. Golf carts must be parked in garages when not in use. Persons under the age of 16 are prohibited from operating a golf cart within the Founders Club. Golf carts used on Golf Club property are subject to the rules and requirements of the Golf Club. Declaration XIII sec. 27
19. Golf Course Access is restricted to Golf Club members and their guests or other guests that have been registered through the golf pro shop to play golf on the course. Walking, jogging, bike riding and walking of pets on the golf course property are regulated by the Golf Club.Declaration: XVII.
20. Business use. No trade or business may be conducted in or from any Homesite, except that an Owner or occupant residing in a Homesite may conduct business activities within the Homesite so long as: (a) the existence or operation of the business activity is not apparent or detectable by sight, sound or smell from outside the Homesite; (b) the business activity conforms to all zoning requirements for the Properties; (c) the business activity does not involve persons coming onto the Properties who do not reside in the Properties or door-to-door solicitation of residents of the Properties; and (d) the business activity is consistent with the residential character of the Properties and does not constitute a nuisance, or a hazardous or offensive use, or threaten the security or safety of other residents of the Properties, as may be determined in the sole discretion of the HOA. Declaration: XIII sec.25
21. Trash, garbage and other waste must be stored in containers not visible from other properties except for the time necessary for collection.Sarasota Waste Management collects on Tuesdays. Put out your regular garbage, recycle bins and yard waste the evening before collection-day or early collection-day morning. Please remove from sight your empty containers collection-day afternoon. Declaration: XIII sec.6
Enforcement of Restrictions, Rules and Regulations
To report a violation, please contact FCCA General Manager at email@example.com.
In the event of a violation by a homeowner or occupant of their home, the FCCA will enforce the Restrictions, Rules and Regulations in accordance with the FCCA documents and
Moreover, in appropriate circumstances, the FCCA may use self-help to correct a violation. For example, if a homeowner does not resolve property maintenance violations in the prescribed or agreed to time following a Notice to correct, the FCCA may resolve the violation, including entering upon the Owners’ property pursuant to a temporary limited easement deemed to be created by Owner’s failure to act, and performing the necessary work and invoicing the homeowner for the cost of materials and services plus a 15% overhead surcharge. Declaration: Art.V sec.3, 4; XII sec.5; Art XIV sec.10. If the charges and surcharges are not paid within 45 days of invoice, the FCCA may file a lien on the home. The invoice is a personal obligation of the Owner and as such, the FCCA reserves the right to file a lawsuit seeking recovery of all outstanding assessments, interest charges, collection costs, and attorney fees. Declaration: Art. V sec. 3, 4; Art. XI sec. 6, 7; Art. XII sec.5; Art XIV sec.7; By-Laws: Art. III sec.22.